Assessment 2 – Case Study
Learning Outcomes Assessed
• Identify the National Health Priority Areas (NHPA) and discuss their impact on a
person’s health status
• Discuss socio-cultural and lifestyle issues that may predispose a person to an
alteration in health
• Identify factors associated with the early recognition of deteriorating patients
• Identify factors associated with the early recognition of sepsis in the acute care
You must watch the video of an interview with Justin (Kelly & Kelly, 2018). Have an exceptional presentation of the case study with the inclusion of all correct components below. Consistently accurate with spelling, grammar, and paragraph structure. The case study is at least 1200 words but does not exceed 1500 words. Accurate APA 7th style referencing (used APA guide supplied from the institution). No apparent errors. Spelling is to be in Australian/UK English. A minimum of 10 references included and no more than 15 references. Helpful references have been provided at the bottom of this page.
Kelly & Kelly, 2018. Caring for a Larger Person – Justin Davies (home) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGpKFbVrf4&t=9s
Step 1: Introduction (guide 150 words)
1. Introduce the presenting case. Begin with the patient’s (Justin’s) details, name,
gender, age, and presenting health condition as well as the acute alteration(s) in
health impacting the patient’s (Justin’s) health condition. (Acute alterations, T2DM and Bowel Cancer. Justin’s condition is Obesity)
2. Name the NHPA Justin’s acute alteration falls under.
Introduce that this case study will focus on the importance of preventing further
deterioration in Justin’s condition.
Step 2: Body (guide 900- 1200 words)
1. Provide evidence showing how the NHPA related to Justin’s condition (s) impacts a
person’s health status in Australia. (100 words)
2. Describe the signs and symptoms you might expect to see in a deteriorating patient
presenting with Justin’s condition (s). (200 words) (Conditions are Bowel Cancer and T2DM).
3. Describe and explain how any of the lifestyle factors of alcohol, tobacco, insufficient
exercise and obesity are impacting Justin’s presenting acute alteration in health.
4. Discuss how Justin might continue to deteriorate if he is not able to manage or
overcome the lifestyle factors impacting his acute alteration in health. (200-300 words)
5. Identify signs and symptoms of sepsis that may relate to Justin’s condition if he
continues to deteriorate further. (200-300 words)
Step 3: Conclusion (guide 150 words)
1. Provide a paragraph concluding your case study and conveying the most important
points of the case study to the reader. Think about what you want the reader to take
away with them from this case study.
Step 7: References
1. Consistently accurate with in-text citations to support and reflect all ideas, factual information and quotations (no apparent missed citations) Accurate APA 7th style referencing (used APA guide supplied from the institution). No apparent errors. A minimum of 10 references included and no more than 15 references.